Thursday, February 16, 2012

Once You Go Mac You Never Go Back

If you know me at all you know that it is physically impossible for me to do one thing at a time.  This problem has only been compounded by the fact that I received an iPad for Christmas. I've  had the thing for two months and I can't get my nose out of it. Of course it doesn't help that I need it to obsessively check my email while waiting for that ever elusive plane ticket to Abu Dhabi. My brother in law is certain that I have an addiction, but I am confident that once I actually get that ticket I'll be too busy with work and exploring my new home to be attached at the hip to  my technology. We shall see....

Although I've had an iPod for about eight years, my Mac addiction truly began with the purchase of my MacBook in 2008. I was a hard sell. With  my brother harassing me for years that apple products were in fact better, I finally took the plunge when my Dell was on its last legs and it was time to get a laptop. That was it, I was done, I was on the Apple train and I wasn't getting off.  Flash forward and now that I have the iPad, I want a new laptop. That of course will have to wait until I actually have money again. (i.e. my job starts and I get to collect a paycheck again.)
   
I know I must wait for the new laptop, but I was dying to get an iPhone and when I heard that Verizon would unlock a 4s for people living overseas, without incurring the apple store price tag, it was all I could do to keep from tripping over the suitcases strewn about my room to get to the phone and order it. Buying it in the UAE would mean that things like FaceTime would be disabled, so I was quite happy to get it here instead. I have to pay $5 a month to maintain my number at home, but can get a new sim card/ local number once over on the opposite side of the world. This makes it easier to communicate with everyone over there and still be able to communicate with everyone at home when I come back for summers and whatnot. Okay, that was my little plug for Apple. Now, go buy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment